I’m also in a band.
We’re not sure what we’re called though. It’s an ever-evolving name. We started out as an Abba/Frank Zappa tribute band. Then we realised that playing Talking Heads songs was way more fun. We have not restricted ourselves to stealing from these 3 bands alone though. We sometimes make up songs of our own but then forget them very quickly. I mostly play bass and wonder why it makes an annoying buzzing noise when the strings are left open, maybe it’s the amp that I found. I wonder who owns it… Sometimes we swap around instruments a little cos it doesn’t really matter cos we’re all so talented like.
Anyway, we’re terrifyingly good. So good that they won’t let us on MySpace because they said we would be too popular and too many people would try to listen at once and then MySpace would explode and then the internet would break and I saw one of the babies and it looked at me.
A list of our public embarrassments follows:
- Monster Truck Gallery & Studios – Tue 28 April
- Top Secret Party – Sat 2 May
- Mezza, Parliament St – Thu 16 July
- ‘Avant Garden’, Gallery 27 – Wed 2 September (Zabba Lite acoustic set)
- Culture Night @ Monster Truck Gallery & Studios (w/ Little Xs For Eyes)
- Big Time: LobsterBoy Presents Zabba, The Bernard Shaw – Thu 10 Dec